1. How much do you charge for a website?
Our website packages usually range from $1500 – $7000. However it really depends on what kind of website you need. We recently wrote a full guide on how much it costs for a website to give you an idea of the different options available.
2. Why are you so expensive?
The process we use to build your website takes a certain amount of time and a lot of planning and research. Unlike other agencies, we DON’T use templates. We build your website from scratch, which means you get a unique design tailored around your business. Buying a website from us should not just simply be seen as a business expense as your website is a sales tool that should earn your money.
3. Why are you so cheap?
Yep. We’ve also been asked that question too. We spend a lot of time researching, planning the user’s journey through your site and then finally with the design and build. We’re typically cheaper than larger agencies because…
- We work remotely which means you don’t pay for the water cooler or beanbag chairs.
- We’re a small team who take on a limited amount of clients each year. You won’t be talking to account managers, you’ll talk directly to the owner, a.k.a Martin. This saves on staff costs.
4. How long does it take to build a website?
It takes approximately 6-10 weeks to build a website from start to finish, providing we have all the information from you. Our full web design process is broken down here. Generally speaking, the website will only take a long time if we are still waiting for text and images from yourself.
5. How do we communicate throughout the website build?
Before we begin working together, we’ll usually have an initially chat on the phone or via Skype to discuss the project. Once we get started, most of the communication will take place over email.
This makes the process a lot easier as we’ll have all of the information saved and can come back to it later. Once we’ve finished the project, we will book in your 1hr digital marketing training session.
6. What will you need from me?
It really depends on what type of website you want. We’ll be able to discuss this on our discovery call before we start working together. Depending on which package we agree on we could need…
• Images of you and your team
• Images of your workplace
• Content for the website e.g. text, PDFs etc
• Staff Profiles
• Any Videos you would like adding to the website
• Login details to your existing website
Some of this might already be on the existing website, in which case it can be transferred over to the new site.
7. What if I don’t like the website?
You’re in luck. We offer a risk-free guarantee. Before we build your new website, we’ll design a mockup of your homepage. We’ll design a layout in Photoshop first, that way you’ll get to see our initial designs within approximately ten days. This is your opportunity to give us feedback and if you really don’t like it, you don’t have to move forward. Best part is, this won’t cost you anything.
8. Do you offer a payment schedule?
Yes, we split the payment into two. The first 50% is usually taken once you have seen the mockup of your homepage and you’re happy to move forward. The following 50% is taken 30 days after this.
9. Can I make the final payment when the site is ready to go live?
No. In the past we have found that projects can take a lot longer than expected to complete. We might be waiting for information from you and this can delay the process. Sometimes these delays can take months. This is why we always invoice 30 days after the original payment. At this point we’ll be well on our way with your new website and you’ll be able to see the progress.
10. Who hosts the website?
If we build your website, we will generally manage the hosting for you so you don’t need to do anything. We use the same hosting company for our own website and for ALL our clients. Each website is managed individually to avoid any security issues. Every website we build has unlimited bandwidth, 20GB of disk space, 2GB Ram and 99.9% uptime. We’ve used the same company for 5 years and we don’t plan on changing this anytime soon.
11. What if I don’t want to manage the website at all. Can you do it all for me?
Yes, we can arrange a maintenance package to suit your needs. This can range from 1hr per month to 10 hours per month and we can discuss a package that’s right for you.
12. Can I update the website myself once it’s been built?
Yes. We like to offer the ability for our clients to update the website themselves. We we’ll give you all the training and tools to be able to make website amendments. We use a easy to use platform called WordPress so you can add edit and delete content without paying us to do it for you.
13. How can we do this?When we design your website, we’ll build in all the features you want, including an email sign-up form. As we design all our websites from scratch, we’ll make sure it fits in with your website style and branding.
14. Can I update the website myself?
Yes you can, we use WordPress to build your website which means you can make changes yourself without knowing how to code. We will also teach you how to use it with a series of helpful videos.
15. How many pages do I get with my website?
You can have an unlimited amount of pages on your website. We will usually design you 3 pages layouts i.e. A homepage, a blog page an inner page e.g. your about page. You can then use whichever layout you want for each new page you want to add.
16. Will you write the text for me?
It depends on the package you choose. We are happy to write the text for your website if you would like. We have a copywriter in house who will create the content for your website so you don’t have to.
17. How can you write the text for my website without knowing the business like I do?
We will ask you a series of questions before we begin, then we will research your market and suggest a series of pages for your website. We’ll learn as much as we need to know to create compelling words that inspire people to get in touch.
18. How do you build my website?
We design your website from scratch using a number of tools. We use photoshop for the first stage of the design and then move it onto the website using a platform known as WordPress.
For a full breakdown of our entire web design process, click here.
19. I don’t want to use WordPress can I choose something else?
No. We only use WordPress to build websites. We have used other platforms in the past but not anymore. WordPress is a platform that’s easily accessible for our clients to update themselves, it’s search engine friendly and it’s easy to integrate with third party companies. I recently wrote an article on why we only use WordPress to build websites. Feel free to take a look to find out more.